Listed below are the books you may wish to consult in your Merrill research. Most are available in Acrobat format and searchable by clicking on the Acrobat PDF icon to the right. A few are only available in libraries and personal collections but worth mentioning here. These are listed alphabetically.
• Eames-Ames genealogy : descendants of Robert of Woburn and Thomas of Framingham, Massachusetts, 1634-1931 by Wilmot Spofford Ames. Year Published: 1931 (251 pages - missing page 203).
• The Genealogy of Cleveland and Cleaveland Families, Vol II - Has a "genealogical account of Edward Winn of Woburn and of other Winn families. Compiled by Edmund Janes Cleveland and Horace Gillette Cleveland, 1899 (1,036 pages).
• The History of Woburn, Middlesex County, Massachusetts From the grant of its territory to Charlestown, IN 1640, to the year 1860. By Samuel Sewall, Original Publisher: Wiggen and Lunt, Year Published: 1868 (677 pages).
• Legends of Woburn now first written and preserved in collected form, with twenty-three full-page plates and eight tail-pieces, to which is added a chrono-indexical history of Woburn. By Parker Lindall Converse, published in 1892. Printed for subscribers only, 1892-1896 (210 pages).
• Proceedings, October Second to Seventh, 1892 at the Two Hundred and Fiftieth Anniversary of the Incorporation of the Town of Woburn Massachusetts Printed for the City by The News Print, Woburn 1893 (233 pages). Woburn was first settled in 1640 near Horn Pond, a primary source of the Mystic River, and was officially incorporated in 1642. At that time the area included present day towns of Woburn, Winchester, Burlington, and parts of Stoneham and Wilmington. In 1730 Wilmington separated from Woburn. In 1799 Burlington separated from Woburn; in 1850 Winchester did so, too.
• Woburn records of births, deaths, and marriages 1640-1873. Compiled by Edward Francis Johnson, Woburn, Mass.: Andrews, Cutler, & Co., Published in 1890 (2356 pages - large file - 59M). 1. Births, 1640-1873. 2. Deaths, 1640-1873. 3. Marriages, 1640-1873. Cutter, W.R. and Johnson, E.F. Transcript of epitaphs in Woburn first and second burial grounds. 4. Births, 1873-1890. 5. Deaths, 1873-1890. 6. Marriages, 1873-1890. 7. Births, 1891-1900. 8. Deaths, 1891-1900. 9. Marriages, 1891-1900. 10. Marriage intentions, 1699-1890.
Key: Acrobat file offering free copy -
Represents hardback copy in personal possession -